When everyone has a home

Housing advice for Northern Ireland

Welcome to Housing Advice NI

Welcome to Housing Advice NI

Written and updated by Housing Rights and funded by the Housing Executive, Housing Advice NI is the home of independent housing advice in Northern Ireland. 

Read more

LATEST: Changes to notice to quit rules

A new law means that landlords must give their tenants at least 12 weeks notice of the date the tenant is supposed to leave their rented home. This change was made to give people extra time to find new housing if they are asked to leave a property during the coronavirus pandemic. This longer notice period applies if the notice is given between 5 May 2020 and 30 September 2021. 

Find out more about how coronavirus affects private renters